Friday, June 29, 2007

Not so Taste of London

Imagine this scene…. After a relaxing morning, I have just watched an impressive game of rugby in a atmospheric walkabout pub... the AB’s have just beaten the saffies and I have been sipping on a couple of the best NZ brew available - speights!..... and in case this wasn’t enough already to make for a perfect day I was then heading to Taste of London, a rather prestigious food and wine event in London held at Regents Park….. or was I??

Things had a fairly abrupt turn about for me this day when I managed to lose my footing at the top of a stairwell leading to an Underground station at Charing Cross station so instead of wining and dining on some of the best tastes of London I spent an eventful evening at the A&E ward at St Thomas Hospital with only the taste of my own blood!

On reflection I believe I have been incredibly lucky… Even tho I have knocked my head around a bit, have a gash above eyebrow, cut lip and the general look that I have been used as a punch bag along with a severely fractured thumb I find it rather amazing that I have walked away so lightly considering the fall because other than a few weeks of some pain and discomfort all should be back to normal after a few weeks and will be getting hand therapy weekly which should mean full use of that again too – I guess that's another of my 9 lives used up :)

A huge appreciation to the Ambulance crew and hospital staff who took such good care of me and to Caroline who stayed by my side the whole time… and held my hand when I had my stitches done :)

A rather dramatic way to get a week off work I know and next year I think I will just take a cab to taste of London! below is a pic of me a few days after the event and I hope to be looking gorgeous again soon!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Love,
That doesn't look like much fun at all! I hope your recovery is good and swift. Lots of Love, Suze xx

Anonymous said...

Make sure you followup carefully. Could leave a bit of a scar otherwise.