Wednesday, June 06, 2007

EQUUS - aka Harrys bits

Tuesday, 5 June 2007



I have seen and enjoyed many plays and musicals during my time in London and also lucky to have seen many wonderful actors such as Kristin Scott Thomas, Patrick Swayze, Christian Slater, Martin Henderson, Juliette Lewis, Kevin Spacey, Joseph Fiennes… and the list goes on!

Last night, I saw a play called Equus which I thought was simply stunning! The key parts were played by Daniel Radcliffe (AKA Harry Potter) and Richard Griffiths (AKA Harry Potters uncle amongst other roles). The story line is rather simple in that it is the story of a young boy who has blinded six horses in a random act of violence and begins therapy sessions with a psychologist who is trying to understand what is going on with the boy - however the play is much more complex and incredibly moving as you begin the journey into the boys mind and emotions. Everything about this play - acting, story, set etc is wonderful and I am so pleased I had the opportunity to see it in the short time it has been scheduled (just 6 months).

Before seeing the play, it was well known that harry bares his rear for a scene and he did not fail to disappoint tho I hadn't expected him to actually bare all….. (but who am I to complain!?)

Other news of the week - had my first game of tennis for 2007 on Monday eve! I didn’t disgrace myself too much (Mum, you may have a decent match on your hands when you come over at Xmas!) and I just love the sound of people playing tennis in the summer - its so relaxing :)

Off to Inverness tomorrow for James & Rhondas Wedding! more than a little excited!!

1 comment:

Suze said...

Hey Nomes,
It sounds like England is still a great place for you to be and that you are making the most of it. Although I'm sure you would make the most of wherever you be!! Thanks for the link, it's nice to see what you're up to.
Suze xx