Sunday, June 03, 2007

Back on the Court!

I had my first game of netball last week after 9 years - the last time I played was in NZ! Was such a buzz! The first half was more than a bit dodgy but I was really amazed just how quickly things came back to me - by the 2nd half it was like I had never stopped (okay well apart from the fact that I was a shadow of my former talent) - Most important thing was that I had a ball!

In this weeks game I managed a few bruises and twisted knee but the worst part was that it was me who was penalised!!! (it wasn’t my fault honest…!) The last couple of weeks have brought back a number of memories about being involved with team sport (good & bad) but it has reminded me just how much I miss it...

The week was topped off nicely with a long bank weekend... I spent 1 night visiting a friend down south of London (where there are actually trees and open spaces), the following with a another good friend in North London and 1 night with Steve & Hels watching the newly released Pirates of the Caribbean, eating Turkish, and generally trying to keep out of the nasty cold & rainy snap that is interrupting our summer in London…

Piccy is of the kitty kat who lives down south and has no name!?


No comments: