Sunday, January 29, 2006

Xmas / NY 2005


Well this was probably the first official time that I have had to “host” Crimbo – Guests in attendance were cuz Tarlei & Mike who had come over from Australia for their Europe tour , Cuz ZZ… Jen and her dad joined us for brunch before heading off for a more traditional meal elsewhere…

My day started with another hangover, (as the previous seven days had!), ZZ lying in the bed next to me, Several phone calls, a few tears, and plenty of few laughs…Mike and Tarlei arrived just after 11 and then…. BRING ON THOSE CHAMPAGNE COCKTAILS!

Well after 3 bottles of Moet, a truck load of wine, and a few tequila shots later, the day had almost gone… ZZ and I finished off the night with a Pyjama dance and then it was off to bed – this being my first xmas in London and done in true family style!


Fave gift would have definitely been the beautiful scarf given to me by Mum – has hardly left my body since!



For New Year I decided to get away from London for a couple days so took a train to the Lakes to see Jake, Jo and the kids– typical visit whereby I arrive at 4pm on New Years Eve and the drinking commences… after a few beers, Jakes baby (6 litre bottle of vino) was opened, then it was on to the most amazing brew of mulled wine I have ever tasted and then back to more vino (the more adventurous of us decided to mix a bit of whiskey in with our wine) – No tequila, but there was sausage roll jenga…


While there was not a lot of action on New Years day, I did get out the following day for a walk near the lake a and a final pint before hopping back on the train back to London….

Am really ready to put 2005 behind me and look forward to 2006 - have a great feeling about this year!

No comments: